Make mine a double!
Since starting nFusion Capital in 2018, we have managed to grow our portfolio every year, and 2023 was no exception. Even though we promised our senior lender we would not do it, we doubled our portfolio again, significantly growing both our factoring and asset-based lending portfolios. In just five short years, we have become one of the fastest-growing independently owned private finance companies in the world – no seriously, ask my Mom.
Looking forward, we anticipate a continued upward growth trend, with a goal to exceed $1B in purchases. I anticipate much of this growth will come from our Specialty Construction Lending practice and continuing to be the go-to resource for our referral partners.
2023 saw several promotions, each reflective of the individual’s exemplary talent and commitment to client service. All have made outstanding contributions and we look forward to their continued exceptional performance.
Please join us in congratulating:
• Rachel Samuelson was promoted to EVP Head of ABL
• Tony Fortunato was promoted to EVP Sales and Underwriting
• Margaret Keihani was promoted to Senior Account Manager/Team Lead ABL
In addition, we are growing our team to deepen our bench and capabilities, and feel fortunate to have recruited these talented people:
• Brice Reid, Senior Vice President
• William Garcia, Vice President, Loan Manager
CFO Amity Mercado continued to bring us together as a team while also serving the community. Through her membership in the Rotary Club of Northwest Austin, we created over 1000 weekend meal kits for food insecure elementary school students who otherwise would not have regular meals outside of school.
In addition, Amity brings our financial community together through her new semi-monthly blog, Amity’s Capital Ideas. Through it she offers food for thought and commentary on the factors that impact business growth and success. View her blogs here.
Our firm and our professionals were delighted to receive acknowledgement for our efforts by our peers within the industry, as there are so many outstanding firms and professionals in our world.
• ABF Journal Deals of the Year recognition for Performance Energy Services
• ABF Journal Most Innovative Company 2023 recognition.
• The Secured Lender Women in Secured Finance Profile Recognizing Excellence- Rachel Samuelson
• M&A Advisor Restructuring of the Year Award for our role in the restructuring of an oil and gas equipment manufacturer
• CFO Amity Mercado earned the Certified Account Executive designation from the International Factoring Association
Last fall nFusion Capital sold our transportation factoring portfolio to a leading provider of factoring services for motor carriers and owner-operators. This strategic decision enabled us to invest more resources in growing our core portfolios of general factoring and asset based lending while providing best-in-class products and customer service. In searching for a buyer, we only considered acquirers with a similar client service commitment to ensure companies would continue to have a financing partner vested in their success. The chosen company – a commercial finance company exclusively focused on transportation factoring with a substantial track record in the industry – is among the best and offers complementary products.